Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Hello, My Name is Mrs. Krout {But You Can Call Me Mommy}

Woke up this morning and the kids were ready to start school.  And since it's not been announced yet, I suppose now is as good a time as any.  The kids are going to be home schooled this fall.  I am going to homeschool them.  They are going to be schooled .. at home.

It's a decision that took two years to make.  And it's one we're solid on, but that doesn't take away the fact that it hasn't yet been done by us and therefore I'm certain it'll be perfect and I'll make no mistakes and they're going to be brilliant.

Ha.

I am a little nervous .. of the unknown, of my expectations, of others' judgements [even though I should not care what others think.  When I grow up, maybe I won't].  But at the same time there is a lot of excitement too.


And so when they asked if we could start school this morning I said yes!  We didn't just jump in and start a full day.  I suggested we do one subject just to get a feel for how it's going to go.  And it was great.  They both wanted to try math and for an hour I went to each kid's room and helped/guided them.  It was wonderful.   I felt elated and they were confident and thrilled to be students.  



The schoolmarm is ready.  Bring on the year.

-

Here in our land of Arkansas we enjoyed a tax-free weekend on certain items.  Clothing fell into this category and since it's back to school time we decided to get Edith a new diaper.  Smirk.

Here's the little one.




Thank you, Arkansas, for losing some tax money so that we can have a little style.
Love you.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your decision to homeschool! LOVE THAT! :) If you get a second email or text me (619 929 5622) why you guys are making this change. I have felt for so many years that I should homeschool - the spirit whispers it to me often. I did homeschool Will during 1st grade and it was so rewarding and SO hard with little ones especially baby Rowan. When I had baby Cash last Fall I decided the older boys should head out to school before I lost my mind - even though public schools and having them away all day scares me. Cutest pics of Miss E! - Lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your big decision! A lot of people don't realize how MUCH goes into this choice, but take it upon themselves to ignorantly spout their views. Take heart! Be encouraged that you heard correctly for your family when you made the choice. You are such a hard worker that I know you'll do a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute they wanted to start early!! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh cool!!
    What grades are they in now?
    So cute that they are both lefties, too.
    Edith is adoooorable!
    Good luck with your homeschooling adventure. Sounds like it will be exciting!

    ReplyDelete