Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Keeping the Kids Off the Streets

I do what I can. ;)

So, we like to teach our kids to work. We haven't been super-consistent with it nor have we given them tons of opportunities to earn money. Dave says this: "Work; get paid. Don't work; don't get paid." and we like it.

Yesterday gave the best opportunity for a little work [or a lot. it took a little over an hour with a little help from their friends.] Those helicopters decided to land right in our newly mulched flower beds, so we paid them to pick them all out.


We paid them $1.00 each. I need to go find the other neighbor friend and give her earnings.

It was a lot of fun to sit and watch and direct.

3 comments:

  1. Love your new landscaping! Looks fabulous. And I love kids who know how to work hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have some work for them if all I have to pay is a dollar. Come on by Kyra and Guy. Love Aunt Rachella

    ReplyDelete