Friday, January 29, 2010

Pure White Bliss

Today has been Snow Day. Phill got off work early and the kids have been out in the snow for about 75% of the day [that counts running to Wal-Mart to get some rain boots for Guy]. The fire is roaring, hot chocolate has been made, Wii games have been played and drive-ways have been shoveled and work at Gap tonight has been canceled.

It's all just been lots of fun, relaxing and getting small things done [a load of laundry here, an organized medicine box there]. Snow Day.


While I jumped outside for the opportunity to take pics, I noticed a few things:

  • Snow is white! Pure white. Even a white house can't truly compare to fresh snow. At best it looks ecru next to the frozen flakes.

  • And anything it covers becomes softer and more beautiful, no matter how scary it could potentially be [think of a rake with its prongs pointed toward the sky].

  • Not only that, but it radiates light, even in the dark.


The snow in its pure, white bliss reminds me of Jesus and how truly perfect He is. Nothing compares to Him. Nothing is as "white" as He.

The Bible actually says, 18 Come now, and let us reason together, says the Lord. Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they shall be like wool. Isa 1:18 AMP

Which brings me to my second point. While a rake [sin] can be ugly, rusty, dangerous or even potentially useless, if Christ takes over it can be covered with a blanket of snow and look beautiful.

The last picture is of Guy and his reckless fall to the earth below. He didn't care [much to my chagrin] what might be below him. He just loves the snow so much that rational thoughts escaped him.

I wonder if that's how we ought to look at people? As if they're covered with snow, not paying attention to their ugly or rusty surfaces below. Not holding back too much for fear of what lies underneath. I think that's how He looks at us, covered by Jesus and beautiful through His eyes.

I've been challenged to see through His eyes today!

2 comments:

  1. I didn't realize you had a blog. I will be keeping tabs on you now. :)

    Keisha

    ReplyDelete