Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Guy Loses His FIRST Tooth {and some good deals}

My experiences as a mother are generally set with Kyra, since she's older. She goes "through" things before Guy does so by the time he's ready to learn about the "birds & the bees" we already have something to base our potential screw-ups off of.

So Kyra lost her first tooth about 4.6 seconds after she turned six. Super-cute little snaggle-toothed smile. One of those times when you call all the family and take pics to ensure that everyone knows your little girl is growing up [but not too quickly, of course].

When Guy turned six, we expected that his tooth would just turn up loose any second. When he turned seven, we had one of those huh moments. I even thought about calling the dentist to make sure he was normal, but I didn't. I knew that the first would come out on its own timing, not mine nor Kyra's.

Finally.

A year and a half older than Kyra was, Guy lost [rather I pulled] his tooth out.


So what is my lesson learned? Besides the fact that Kyra and Guy are in fact different, that sometimes expectations aren't healthy. Sometimes they cause us to worry or be concerned for something that doesn't matter at all. A lot of times they set people up for failure.

But mostly, I learned that my Guy is going to have the cutest smile this summer.


{and some good deals}

After watching this video, it inspired me to start clipping coupons. Not only that, but Kelly has been doing it for a while now and I finally decided to try the whole "Walgreens" thing. So with online coupons, the Sunday paper, Register Rewards and in store coupons, I've done pretty good!

For the pictured items, I saved $39.34. My total out of pocket was $12.25. The Brawny 8-roll was $9.99 alone! [regular price] If you can't see it all that well, the itemized list is:

  1. Brawny 8-roll paper towels
  2. 2 Raisin Bran Cereal
  3. 2 Coffee Mate coffee creamers
  4. 2 bags of Snickers Valentine's candies
  5. 2 Nestle Crunch individual candy hearts
  6. Sure men's deodorant
  7. 2 Pert Plus Men's 3 in 1 shampoo, conditioner and body wash, and
  8. 3 1-liters of A&w root beer, 7-up and Canada Dry ginger ale
Gotta go to Harp's now and get my Hall's cough drops for $0.18 and my Quaker Oats instant oatmeal for $1.00.

5 comments:

  1. i didn't know you had this blog! (just linked from kk's)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am betting that now Guy has lost his first tooth, the rest are going to fall out like crazy! :) Super cute picture of him.

    I am impressed with the deals - can't wait to get down there and go shopping with you or KK to watch you in action :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great post! I remember feeling the same way about Tynley's first tooth. She was seven as well, and then they all started coming out. Yep, we were going broke for a while with tooth fairy money ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snaggletooth summers rock! :)

    Excited to try to learn about the whole coupon system thing. I'm a bit dense.

    ReplyDelete