Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Let Them Eat Cake!

Eventually.


Welcome to my blog. My "real" name is Sandy. Sajo comes from my first two names: Sandy Jo. Glad you were wondering, happy to answer.


My challenge right now is to profit from making cakes. Currently I am checking with the Health Department to see if it is legal in Arkansas to make and sell food from your home without a separate kitchen. When I know more, then I'll know how long this small-business is going to take to get on its feet.


Until then, I'm going to post pics of cakes I have made or am making.
You can follow me on:
Thanks for checking me out!!


2 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm Suzanne and I have stumbled here some somewhere else:) I'm in Siloam and was looking up the same question this morning about home kitchens/licenses. What have you found out? I am just starting this venture too and sold my 1st cake this morning. I don't see it being a business business for me but I would love to sell a couple a month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there Suzanne! Glad to see you on here. ;)

    It is illegal in the state of Arkansas to make any kind of food/drink out of your home and sell it. However, if it is for an auction/cake sale for a non-profit or church then it's okay. Most people simply don't know that you can't do it b/c there are 1000s of Arkansans who do it.

    ReplyDelete